The Hexanomicon is a setting generator using stickers of hex map landscape elements, sheets on which to place them and tables to determine the contents of hexes. Specific destinations are left to the judge. I dot my map with published adventure modules and a few NPC homes. This issue includes a template to create and print your own stickers from graphics you create or find.
In the game I currently run, the party may learn that there is a Wizard’s tower a few days journey away. Their journey should not be trivial so I use the hex name generator to create The Glittering Bogs of Ada’akka. The bogs will contain beasts so Jumping Gore Beetles are created from a table that combines stats for jumping, gore, and beetles. Later, the evil wizard is defeated easily by burning down the party’s luck and stats. On the way home, they roll a terrible encounter in the Glittering Bogs. Perhaps they should not have burned down their stats so far.
- 36 Page zine
- 2 sheets of landscape stickers, 15 stickers each
- 1 sheet of 15 blank stickers for printing your own
- 1 sheet of 15 luck and funnel award tokens
- 1 sheet each of Player map, Judge map, World map, Year calendar, Month Calendar
- Currently ships with DCC DripSkull Holographic Sticker
- PDF downloads.